Cloud System Administrator & DevOps Engineer
We are an international company with offices in the UK, Portugal, and the UAE. The Virtual Forge works with organisations to create digital and technology platforms to drive transformation, develop capabilities and deliver digital and transactional experiences that build business around the world.
We are looking for a talented Systems Administrator & DevOps Engineer to work with us on a diverse range of projects for several international clients. We have a range of high-profile clients, many of whom have global footprints and whose infrastructure we maintain and develop on AWS. We are an AWS partner and are committed to an ongoing relationship for best practice and successful innovation.
You will be working on Windows & Linux systems within AWS and will be based in our beautiful central office in Lisbon
The candidate will need to have experience at maintaining the systems and security of servers, firewalls, databases, roles, permissions etc, as well as having an interest in developing hybrid software / hardware applications. The candidate must be excited about technology and willing and enthusiastic to learn new ideas and investigate new processes.
The candidate must be willing to provide support out of hours (for time in lieu) and be able to manage their own time. They will report directly to and work directly for our Head of DevOps, and will be expected to operate at a high level at all times, whilst juggling multiple tasks and priorities in line with business needs.
- Provision and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements for both Linux and Windows in a cloud context.
- Design and cost infrastructure based upon project requirements, and estimate effort to configure and support systems.
- Develop and maintain installations and configuration procedures for both Linux and Windows in a cloud context.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services as necessary
- Provision and maintain security groups and databases across multiple accounts as well as advising key stakeholders on best fit requirements for given scenarios. This covers servers, databases, load balancers and all related peripherals.
- Monitor and action tickets independently on an ongoing basis
- Continually research and inform yourself about new processes and tools, and suggest improvements to internal procedures and practices to further enhance and refine our capabilities.
- Assist project teams, specifically developers, alongside normal duties.
What you will need:
- Bachelor Degree - Engineering; Computer Science or similar.
- Proven experience designing and provisioning systems in a cloud environment
- System Administrator or System Engineer Certification - Linux or Microsoft
- AWS System Administrator certificate - Desirable
- Self Management
- Task Assessment
- Problem Solving
How to apply:
- Send your CV to [email protected]
- Your gross salary expectation & your availability to start.