Basecone is a vibrant and dynamic place to work. We push boundaries and challenge each other every day. We collaborate across disciplines, trying to achieve that common goal: to develop, launch and maintain state-of-the-art Solutions. Solutions that effectively address real business problems and provide the best customer experience out there. Solutions that you and your team can be proud of at the end of the day.
At Basecone we believe our people are the heart and soul of our company. We value everyone's input and believe in a commonly agreed commitment. We offer a no-nonsense environment, in which professionalism, fun and open communication are key elements.
Basecone's looking for a skilled Operations Engineer to join our Team. The ideal candidate has at least more than one year experience as System Administration in an Hybrid (Linux/Windows) Ecosystem, professional knowledge of AWS and/or Azure Cloud Providers and its tools and CLIs. An ambition to raise the bar for implementing cutting-edge technologies and solutions that give Basecone and its customers a world-class product.
What is the job all about?
As a Operations engineer, you will ensure the continuous improvement of our existing (and new) platforms. Always, Source Controlling your changes, you will focus on Automate everything, from provisioning, bootstrapping, configuring to releasing, monitoring and testing.
You should be familiar with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment Software Pipelines. Your contribution will help us to implement and improve a secure, scalable and autonomous platform where to run our state of the art solution for our customers.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary agile team where you will be expected to share your expertise and take an active role in the discussions, planning and refinement of the stories and tasks your team will be implementing.
One thing here: We do not like the ITYS (I Told You So) attitude. Please refrain to apply if so. We are all "one family, one company", the problems and responsibilities are shared between all of us.
What skills and expertise are we looking for?
- We are looking for someone with a Strong Analytical and Problem Solving ability. Someone that can Creatively handle challenges and obstacles.
- Preferable with 1+ years hands-on infrastructure / operations experience.
- We run in the cloud, so we look for Knowledge of Cloud CLI(s) for AWS and Azure and obviously, you should have Knowledge of Networking Terminologies (Load Balancers, VPN, etc) and experience implementing them. If not don’t worry we will teach you!
- Do you know how CloudFormation works? Great! Don’t worry if you don’t, it is not mandatory.
- About Programming and Scripting Languages, we like them all .NET, Bash/Shell, PowerShell, SQL, etc... if you already know some of them great if not we will make sure you learn.
- Strong affinity with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment Software Pipelines, aka the DevOps methodology.
- We also do Drafting, Analyzing and Presenting Reports for Business and Management teams, so no surprises.
- A General knowledge of Windows, Linux, SQL Server, DNS and other components of the IT infrastructure is good addition to have but not mandatory.
- In a more social perspective we expect that you will be a team player that understands the risks of our work and is able to help the team achieve greatness. Be accountable for your own achievements and mistakes in order to grow and be an asset to the company.
What do we offer?
Well, of course a great salary! We want to build a great team, and we want to get those who are the best at what they do.
Work with a perfect knowledge balanced team, across The Netherlands and Portugal (be aware some travel is required)
Experience working for an international company, with a strong focus on the actual IT working methodologies and mentality and cutting edge technologies.
A working environment where your team and manager understands that it’s important to spend time thinking on a solution, rather than rushing into the first one that comes to mind; an environment where refactoring and rebuilding are seen as sometimes necessary; an environment where the team is the one truly responsible for coming up with a solution, rather than implement one that was imposed.
if you see yourself working with us, please do not hesitate and contact us! we are happy to read your CV and invite you for a chat in our offices.
Sounds about right? Don't hesitate and send us a copy of your resume in English included with a small motivation to [email protected], non English Resumes are not processed.