Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Porto Tech Center (PTC) is Jumia’s IT development center, with around 200 IT-specialists. Porto Tech Center was created in 2012 with the aim of focusing on IT development. At PTC, we provide you with a unique and exciting opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment and develop smart solutions for our group companies. We do e-commerce online shops, logistics, business intelligence and mobile applications, involving a wide range of high-end technologies for tens of millions customers. The software we create is present in more than 20 countries. Working at PTC means being in the first line of e-commerce development in emerging markets.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
- Be part of an agile team of DevOps and Site Reliability Engineers working directly with Sysadmins, using state-of-art tech technologies to build and monitor systems, applications and services;
- Work with our development team to build Continuous Integration & Delivery pipeline improving the fill delivery pipeline to get faster time to market, lower failure rate of new releases and shorten lead time between fixes;
- Develop tools to automate: product build and delivery, maintenance & operations tasks, quality standards testing;
- Support and influence our product development teams to use the Continuous Delivery infrastructure and Devops Methodology;
- Work with Product Development and Infrastructure Systems to design and implement solutions and resolve issues;
- Help build reliable, high-performance, auto scaled and fault tolerant software throw standards as well as testing, load testing and stress testing.
- Must have experience/knowledge in Linux environments;
- Experience/Knowledge with configuration management tools;
- Monitor tools;
- Shell and Python scripting;
- Skilled with tools such as Jenkins;
- Knowledge of Devops Methodology;
- Experience/Knowledge with CI/CD;
- Experience with or interest in virtual/containers environments (e.g. Docker);
- Fluent in English.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Apply at http://bit.ly/2JPGCVn