Espial is one of the leading software innovators in Ottawa Canada’s high tech sector, with offices in Santa Clara, California, Lisbon, Portugal and Kirkland, Washington. We are building an exciting line of software products targeted towards Internet Enabled TVs, the delivery of TV and Movies to mobile devices and Adaptive Bit Rate Video Streaming technology for delivering Over-The-Top (OTT) Video. Espial’s products have been launched with major operators and TV manufactures in Europe, Canada and Asia. Espial’s expertise in delivering video over IP networks to multiple devices; including Set Top Boxes, mobile phones, PCs and tablets; is unmatched in the industry.
The Software Developer will build, deliver and integrate our next-generation set-top client software with cloud-based TV service management platforms.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in C and C++ software development & integration skills
- Knowledge with JSON & REST API usage
- Strong Linux development experience.
- Excellent debugging, problem solving, and testing skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Software design skills to take requirements and user stories and turn them into effective designs
- Proven experience of writing robust, efficient, portable, maintainable code
- Software lifecycle experience from requirements capture through design, development, test and deployment
- Agile development methodologies and practice, including Scrum
- Developing using Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Master’s University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Able to work independently within a small team to drive results
- Ability to communicate with customers and engineers at all levels with clarity and technical competence
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to handle conflict in a professional and calm manner
- Organized and very detail orientated
- Self-starter and quick learner with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and observational skills
- Problem solver
- Able to work co-operatively with other offices of Espial
- C++ design and development skills
- Experience with embedded systems (e.g embedded Linux)
- Experience integrating, building and testing multi-thread based applications
- Python or other scripting language
- Java script experience is desirable
- Cable or video experience is desirable
- DVB, IPTV and related standards or code-bases (knowledge would be a benefit)
- Face time with actual customers would be an asset
- Experience using software design notations (e.g. aspects of UML or equivalent; tools usage is not required)
- Yocto framework (knowledge would be a benefit)
- GStreamer (knowledge would be a benefit)
- Use of source control systems (e.g SVN, GIT etc)
- Background with http protocol
- Analyze, investigate and improve platform performance to provide the best user experience.
- Willing to travel on a project-by-project basis, and spend the working week at customer premises.
- Fluent in English
To Apply: Please visit https://www.workable.com/j/D6A1CBECD7