Are you a software engineer who loves high quality code and has a passion for security?
Are you interested in joining and growing with a product oriented organization?
As one of the founding members of Buildium’s Porto-based application security team, you’ll be given the opportunity to exercise your creativity in protecting our cloud-based property management software, a platform that currently serves over 15,000 customers in 46 countries.
- Develop and maintain application security features that will keep our product safe from malicious behavior
- Promote secure application development best practices by providing guidance throughout the department through code reviews and info sessions
- Research and implement new security and fraud analysis tools and techniques
- Work closely with the engineering teams in the US and India to build an expert understanding of the architecture and operation of our platform and fully validate our security model
- Establish initial baseline, create a road map for remediation, and proactively prevent new vulnerabilities during development
- Maintain a high awareness of industry trends and best practices particularly in regard to web development and security
- 2+ years of software engineering and security experience
- Must be fluent in English
- Proven working experience in software design and development
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A valid work permit is mandatory for non-EU applicants
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable web apps
- Strong object-Oriented design/functional programming skills with good coding disciplines
- Familiar with Agile development processes
- Able to work in an unstructured, small company environment
- Prior experience with OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities, PCI and GDPR guidelines
- Hands-on expertise with ASP.NET, C#, and SQL experience is preferred but not mandatory (full-stack experience a plus)
What we offer:
- A close-knit team and startup environment
- Free weekly team lunches, fresh fruit, coffee and beer
- Cosy office with an outdoor working area, 1km away from the beach
- Flexible hours
- Health insurance for both individuals and families
- Diverse distributed team
What makes Buildium different?
We've shared a lot about what we're looking for, and now it's only fair that we share what you can expect from us. We could write pages on this, but felt this really summed it up:
“....I’ve always thought that highlighting beer fridges, and a laptop and HD secondary monitor are not really highlighting what’s special about our company--it would make us sound like any other start-up that’s trying to distract people from their less-than-amazing benefits with shiny objects.
What makes us different? We’re a collective of uniquely talented individuals who are at the top of our game and are determined to get better at what we do every day. There’s zero competition or micromanagement—everyone is the master of their domain, ready to collaborate wholeheartedly with one another and celebrate each other’s successes. Our determination to make our customers’ lives better and break records is contagious—you find yourself becoming intensely passionate about the work that we do, even if the property management industry was never on your radar before you got here.”
TL;DR => this will be the best company you’ve ever worked for. Come see for yourself...
Porto - Full-time