A day as a Backend Developer:
- Design, develop, deploy, maintain, improve and document backend components, systems and features including moderately complex areas of the product(s) at hand;
- Develop and maintain integration tests of system components;
- Occasional tasks supervision and mentoring other team members;
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise;
What you are:
- Teamplayer - You get things done and push your team in the same objetive. You motivate others, listen and demonstrate that others ideas matters;
- Curious - You are eager to learn everyday something more, you are never satisfied knowing just enough;
- Creative - You go above and beyond from what is required and strive with new ideas and innovation;
- Leader - You are never afraid of taking more responsability and delegate tasks. And you have the have the ability to empower others.
Your out-of-the-box skills:
- Development experience of a highly-available, high concurrency/high transactional, multi-currency and multi time zone solution;
- Experience with common server-side technologies and frameworks based either on Java or Python;
- Knowledge about client-server protocols such as REST;
- Experience of using established design patterns;
- Experience with Version Control Systems – preferably Git;
- IT knowledge, namely basic networking and Linux sysadmin skills (Plus);
- Experience with Cassandra (optional);
- Experience in system test automation, particularly Fabric, and CI with Jenkins (optional);
- Knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns and Enterprise Service Bus (optional);
- Critical thinking and problem-solving orientation;
- Ability to work in fast paced environments.
- Work in a casual but exciting and motivational atmosphere;
- Integration into R&D from an Engineering perspective and the opportunity of developing skills related to technology transfer;
- Remuneration compatible with experience;
- Social benefits such as Health Insurance;
- Full support to disseminate results of the work, including patenting and technology transfer;
- Stability in a growing company.
Company: Ubiwhere, Lda.
Email for application: [email protected]
Aveiro - Full-time