Buildium is looking for smart, driven, enthusiastic software engineers to join our team. Our core product is an all-in-one property management platform designed for real estate professionals to take control of their business by streamlining their accounting, maintenance, communication, and leasing processes in the cloud.
Working at Buildium is unlike any other gig you've ever had. With offices in the US, Portugal and India, you will be interacting daily with colleagues distributed all around the world. We’re casual, open, innovative and collaborative. But we have a singular focus: building a great company. We’re looking for pragmatic, technical experts who are passionate about technology, demand excellence of themselves and others, and want to make a real difference.
- Perform technical oversight and assessment of application and system development projects to ensure technical integrity and compliance with design requirements
- Participate in our engineering guilds, focus groups, and tech talks to contribute to the research and implementation of new technologies, tools, and architectural patterns
- Develop, evaluate, and implement improved processes, methods and tools to continually improve software delivery effectiveness
- Specify systems architecture, application design, systems integration methods, and data migration tools and techniques
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to web technologies, .NET, SQL, cloud computing (AWS), and automated unit testing
- 2+ years of experience in developing customer facing software
- Fluency in English with strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong object-oriented design/functional programming skills with good coding disciplines
- Hands-on experience working with and creating REST web services and APIs
- Familiarity with OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities, PCI and GDPR guidelines (optional)
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to work in a small, innovative startup environment
- Health insurance
- Free weekly team lunches, fresh fruit, coffee and beer
- Professional development opportunities
- Diverse distributed team
We’re passionate about helping hard-working entrepreneurs grow their property management businesses. We’re a collective of uniquely talented individuals who are at the top of our game and are determined to get better at what we do every day. There’s zero competition or micromanagement—everyone is the master of their domain, ready to collaborate wholeheartedly with one another and celebrate each other’s successes. Our determination to make our customers’ lives better and break records is contagious—you find yourself becoming intensely passionate about the work that we do, even if the property management industry was never on your radar before you got here.
Porto - Full-time