We are looking for a Junior Software Developer with an interest in web development to join our growing multidisciplinary team in early 2019. The successful applicant will be deeply involved in the ongoing deployment of Elsie, Coimbra Genomics’ genetically-informed medicine platform.
Coimbra Genomics is a young company working in Digital Health and Precision Medicine. We are developing Elsie, an innovative platform simplifying how physicians learn, access and use genomic information from patients to make better decisions on prescription and diagnosis. Elsie is the first of its kind to connect patients, physicians, healthcare units and laboratories in a unique community.
- You are eager to improve your software development skills.
- You have great interest in building web applications with the latest technologies.
- You like to learn. Software is a world of continuous innovation. You enjoy playing with new technologies and exploring areas where you have not worked before.
- You love to set your own course. You get to make things happen without someone saying so. In return, we expect you to go ahead and make something happen if it needs to be done.
Elsie is on a maturity and growing path. Hence, these are some of things you’ll do regularly:
- Collaborate with the software team to develop a unique product in the market.
- Improve documentation about our processes and workflows.
- Experiment with new web technologies and development processes.
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day, seeing an immediate impact of your work and value you created for customers.
Key skills and Experience
- You have a degree in computer science or similar.
- You are passionate about web development and fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development.
Elsie is a Digital Health platform. Previous experience working in bioinformatics, e-health or similar is a welcome addition. Likewise, experience with e-commerce and/or marketplace systems is also a differentiating skill.
By joining Coimbra Genomics, you will work in a casual but exciting and motivational atmosphere. Remuneration is above average and compatible with experience. You can join the team in our offices at Porto or Cantanhede.
Applicants should send a brief letter of motivation and a CV before February 28th, 2019, to Diana Faria at [email protected], making clear reference to this advertisement.