Auto Europe is one of the leading car rental brokers worldwide with more than 60 years’ experience, specializing in online distribution of car rental products for leisure customers around the world.
As one of the world's leading car rental brokers with offices in Portland (US), Munich (Germany), Sydney (Australia) and Lisbon (Portugal) we have access to a large number of cars at more than 20,000 locations around the globe.
To provide these services Auto Europe co-operates with leading international car rental companies like Avis, Budget, Dollar, Europcar and Hertz as well as with national and regional suppliers in several destinations.
With numerous travel nominations and awards including Europe's Leading Car Rental Company and Europe's Leading Chauffeur Company (World Travel Awards), and a Magellan Silver Award for the "Overall Luxury Car Collection" category. Auto Europe is an accredited business since 1993 with an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
As a highly successful international company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
We’re looking to consistently raise the bar on creativity and user experiences. The ideal candidate is a talented artist with extensive technical expertise who can work alongside a team and independently in the creation, maintenance, and updates of our websites.
This role will have an immediate effect on our brand, as well as an ongoing impact in solidifying our industry reputation for stellar design and functionality.
The role of Web Developer is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Website and software application designing, building, and maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications and digital media.
- Developing and validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Functional knowledge or experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- Cooperate with Web Designers to match visual design intent
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in Web development or related field, or relevant experience.
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
- Proficient in MySQL.
- Cross-Browser Compatibility
- Web User Interface Design (UI)
- Security Principles
- Object-Oriented Design
- Web Services (REST/SOAP)
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this challenge and you want to join our international Auto Europe team, please send your application in English to [email protected].
In your application, you must include your CV.
AUTO EUROPE Portugal
AESC – Service Centre – Sociedade Unipessoal, LDA.
Rua General Firmino Miguel, 3 - 14° (A e B)