The primary duties of the Software Engineer to be hired are to design, develop, and maintain ETL applications using various AWS technologies such as Redshift, S3, and Python. Daily activities include a broad mix of designing and building ETL applications, providing data and analysis on an ad hoc basis, troubleshooting reporting issues, performance tuning and interacting with Architect, Data Modelers, BI developers, and Business Analysts.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion;
- Follow established ETL standards, guidelines and techniques;
- Develop proficiency in enhancing and maintaining the applications and any necessary technologies within the department’s scope;
- Drive cross-functional solutions and actively work within teams to deliver scalable solutions;
- Work closely with team lead, scrum masters and leadership to ensure alignment;
- Work with Data Warehouse team to troubleshoot and performance tune applications;
- Work with Business Analysts to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements:
- 2+ years overall database software development/ data warehouse experience;
- 2+ years solid experience in designing and developing in ETL tools using Talend;
- Experience with scripting such as Python;
- Experience in AWS data technologies are highly desirable – S3, Hive, Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis, Aurora, Dynamo DB;
- Expert level knowledge of SQL;
- 2+ years of experience writing code (such as Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net);
- Highly motivated Self-starter, team-oriented and very analytical;
- Experience with high-volume data systems;
- Experience executing multiple full release cycles; advanced understanding of Agile;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated influencing skills, high level of technical and team leadership skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or related field.