XING provides advice and support to its more than 16 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
At XING Events we are responsible for the events and communities part of the XING social network. Our goal is to create valuable experiences for our users by engaging with other users, either in an offline event or meeting, or in one of our many online communities. For people moments that matter
In our Barcelona office, we are looking for passionate developers to set up a new engineering team. You will be part of the XING Events business unit, that is also located in Munich, Germany. You will work on existing and new products that engage users to communicate offline and online.
A challenging task
- Work within a new cross-functional team that uses the Ruby on Rails, React, iOS, and Android technology stacks.
- Implement and test features in the web and backend parts of the app.
- Work within the XING technology environment, including GitHub, ElasticSearch, MySQL, RabbitMQ etc.
- Take part in the creation of completely new products and features.
- Contribute massively with your passion and hands-on to our new features and products that engage users to meet and exchange online and offline, or innovate existing ones such as such as com/communities.
A convincing background
- You are a passionate web developer with experience in Ruby on Rails, HTML/CSS, and JS.
- You are used to test your code (unit tests, TDD).
- You have a university or polytechnical degree in software engineering or relevant experience.
- You like to stay on the cutting edge of software development and have been building applications that serve the user and scale seamlessly.
- You get things done, have a positive mindset, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills (English a must, any other languages optional)
- You enjoy working in agile teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with your colleagues sitting next to you or on the other side of Europe.
- You pay attention to detail without losing sight of the goal, have a sense of ownership and pride in the quality of your work.
- You have a good sense of humor, an unpretentiousness and humbleness towards other people and are eager to work in a multicultural environment.
An inspiring environment
XING in Barcelona offers a great, multicultural and diverse environment. The sunny office is located in the center of Barcelona, with a large terrace. As well as flexible working hours that support your work-life balance, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We do regular team and offsite events, and we send you to conferences. Furthermore, you have the option to work on whatever you like once per quarter during our XING-wide Hack Week. Of course, we also provide free drinks and fruit as well as restaurant vouchers and German/Spanish lessons. We offer also a flexible compensation plan (health insurance/ transport/ nursery tickets), a competitive salary with a permanent contract and 30 days of vacation (26+4). You’ll also be provided with a high-end MacBook Pro.
Please send your CV to [email protected]