As an experienced Software Engineer, and hands-on technologist, you will bring a passion for building software, taking ownership of projects end to end, managing a broad scope of software challenges, and driving development in an iterative, agile manner using best practices.
Your quest for embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies will mentor the team and inspire developers and designer to follow suit.
So if this is a challenge you feel you can get your teeth into, continue reading...
* Managing the timelines, communication, and coordination of complex multi-team, multi-month engineering projects
* Capable of helping product owners to achieve business goals
* Ensuring that engineering delivery is on-track with the committed roadmap, managing any delays and escalations
* Coordinating engineering capacity across internal product R&D, defect remediation, and client projects
* Running, owning, managing, and refining key engineering organisational processes
* Collecting and reporting on key metrics of the engineering organisation to key stakeholders across the organisation
* Communicating engineering changes to the wider organisation (pre-sales, client teams, etc)
* Working day-to-day with engineering leads in the company to improve how we plan, write, and deliver software
* Helping develop best practices across the engineering team
* Running 1-1 meetings with your team members
* Mentoring/supporting the team with career goals
* Supporting code review process ensuring high-quality code is produced
* Confident/comfortable getting hands-on during urgent issues
* 7+ years of experience in Software Development
* 1+ years as a team lead (or similar senior position)
* Expertise in the full software development lifecycle (web & mobile), building and delivering products
* Current knowledge of the latest development methods and practises
* Orientation towards helping product owners to achieve business goals
* Experience managing projects from ideation to growth stage
* Effectiveness on finding mindful solutions to meet project deadlines
Our tech stack:
* Ruby / Ruby on Rails (_legacy_)
* SQL (MySQL / PostgreSQL)
* Mobile development (iOS, Android, React Native)
* Linux / Mac OS - command line
* Automated provisioning tools (Docker / Ansible / Capistrano)
* NoSQL (Mongo, Redis, etc)
* Photoshop / Sketch - cut & resize
Think you’d like to meet? Get in touch!
If you’d like to meet in order to discuss this opportunity with us, please submit an application here.
If you represent a recruitment agency, please do not contact us about this position, as this will simply result in a waste of time.