In order to reinforce our Security Operations Center (SOC) team, we are seeking for a talented Firewall Engineer with a natural cybersecurity appetite. We are looking for someone with experience designing, building and managing firewall devices in an IT Network. If you have strong soft and technical skills and you’re passionate for this area, this might be the opportunity you have been looking for.
- Review client requirements for security systems and collaborate with other engineers to decide on an overall technical approach.
- Oversee the installation of firewalls accross multiple locations, considering the interconnected portions of security infrastructure.
- Maintain and configure firewall devices to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling security and business objectives.
- Review firewall rule sets and logs for inefficient, unneeded and unapproved rules. Validate, test, and manage firewall rules.
- Perform troubleshooting and operational support as required.
- Test network performance, providing statistics and reports to clients.
- Maintain firewall device inventories, network topologies, firewall block lists, or other related technical documents and diagrams;
- Follow operational requirements such as change control, disaster response, patching, etc.
- Enforce quality control and ensure that all output meets project requirements.
- 3 years experience as a Security Engineer specially with firewall technologies - CISCO & Fortinet experience is ideal.
- In-depth knowledge of application ports/protocols and application characteristics at packet level.
- Experience analyzing application traffic flows to develop firewall security policies.
- Familiarity with network analysis and discovery tools.
- Experience with Customer service software. ServiceDesk and ServiceNow experience is a plus.
- Experience with large organization networks.
- Willing to travel to assist in the installation/configuration of firewalls to nationwide sites.
- Good scripting and task automation skills.
- Good communication skills and team spirit.
- Proactivity and problem solving orientation with a strong technical aptitude.
- Fluent in English (mandatory).
- Experience with Cybersecurity development projects and programs for commercial clients.
- Technical certifications are a plus.
- Availability to work at irregular hours to perform maintenance at unobtrusive times or resolve critical issues.
How to Apply: If you have some or all of the above skills and experience, then please apply by emailing your updated CV to [email protected]