The NUPS Atlassian engineer will integrate the NUPS II new adhoc project with DIGIT B4. Responsibilities encompass deploying, testing and operating all the Atlassian Echo System which provide different functionalities to different entities at European Commission.
The offered service consist of following subservices:
- Atlassian to Business (A2B) is a service based on a highly customisable system, based on Jira and Confluence plus a broad number of additional components, hosted at DIGIT datacentre.
- The Commission IT Network (CITnet) service, the software development lifecycle management (SDLC) toolset, provides a collaborative space for IS developers in and outside the Commission. In an approach inspired by the open source communities' way of working. CITnet is offering the following services: Version Control System (SVN, Git), Issue Tracker (Jira), Agile Iteration Management, Collaborative Code Review (Fisheye/Crucible), Software Code Repository (Nexus), Continuous Integration (Bamboo), and Collaborative Documentation (Confluence/Gliffy/Balsamiq).
NUPS II Project Manager
In close relations with:
- NUPS II Service Delivery Manager
- NUPS Project Manager
- NUPS Technical Writer
- EC DIGIT Officials
- Other EC teams
- S(he) will also provide support, consultancy and advice to the various development teams at the EC if and when required, based on the ITIL operational processes
- Maintenance of the current service, mainly upon the Atlassian's eco-system.
- Configuration of Atlassian's Confluence wiki and Configuration of Atlassian's Jira (issue tracker)
- Maintaining the Integration of EC security (EULOGIN)
- Load testing and code profiling
- Physical architecture including clustering
- Application monitoring and reporting in production
- Management of the ecosystem of plug-ins
- Logical architecture of the various spaces
- Evaluation of new releases and upgrade planning
- Conception, design, coordination of the implementation and quality assessment of information systems technical architectures and supporting infrastructures
- JMeter: Configuration of the tools, design and implementation of the test scenarios, analysis of the results.
- Atlassian product integration :
- Test automation : Selenium, PMD, Findbug
- Analysis and design reviews of information systems enterprise-, information- and application component architectures
- JEE expertise for code audit, testing and deployment of applications.
- Code reviewing expertise and coaching with Atlassian Crucible
- Assistance with the implementation of the technical architecture during information system infrastructure development projects
- LAMP platform: installations, configuration and optimisation.
- PostgreSQL administration.
- Expertise in Python scripts on UNIX/Linux environments.
- Expertise in Linux platform administration and OSS development and packaging.
- Java Virtual Machine tuning and optimisation.
- Infrastructure deployment automation (with Rundeck) with tests and fall-backs mechanisms design.
- Elaboration of guidelines and recommendations concerning technical architecture in software development, taking into account the existing infrastructure at the European Commission and its evolution.
- Extensive technical documentation for platform and system administrators.
- Extensive documentation for end-user.
- Production of software architecture documents
- Work shifts of 8 hours covering the time range between 08h00 and 19h00 from Monday to Friday with some flexibility required when overtime is exceptionally needed.
- Office located in Brussels, European neighbourhood
Employment and technical Requirements:
- Expertise in Jira administration with at least 3 years of experience working with Atlassian products
- Experience in performing Atlassian installations, upgrades, and migrations
- Integration experience on JIRA and confluence with plugins and development
- Integration with LDAP for authentication
- Very good knowledge of
- LINUX / UNIX /ORACLE/PostgreSQL
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly
- Good understanding on Change, release & Deployment management
- Good testing experience
- Perfect knowledge of English
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable
- Analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Experience with European Commission is an asset
- ITIL V3 foundation certification
- Experience with ticketing system (SMT is an asset)
Please send your CV: [email protected]