We believe that everyone has a role in creating positive change.
Solving the world's problems is going to require effective collaboration and connectivity. It will take all of us working together to realize the full potential of our collective strength.
WeChangers is an online messaging and community platform, working to map & connect the impact ecosystem. A network of networks that brings people and organizations together in private collaborative spaces and in a global community.
We are based in Porto and we recently raised a seed round of €1M, which will help us focus on our product and scale adoption in Portugal and globally.
We are looking for Full-Stack / Front-End / Back-End Developers to work closely with the co-founding team and shape the future of our platform built on Rails/React/PostgreSQL/Docker. You will be working on:
- Our global community and the core features of WeChangers: our people/projects directory and our communication channels (a la Whatsapp).
- Collaborative features for Private communities of people around social change, including file sharing and pro-active recommendations of people to connect with, events to attend, etc.
- All the computations originated by the user inputs, users scheduled jobs and webhooks.
- New modules WeChangers will be developing in partnership with key partners
- Continuous improvement of our existing services according to the business priorities
- Scalability and resiliency challenges to deliver low latency results.
Who we are looking for
Above all, you identify yourself with our values (check https://trello.com/b/5OlmoSJ6)
Go through all of our values to understand our culture!
- 3 years of relevant experience in responsive web applications development
- Deep knowledge of Ruby on Rails or other similar web framework
- Ability to model and administer SQL databases
- Previous experience in deployment, preferably using Docker
- Deep knowledge of JS (pref. ES6and React)
- Experience with REST APIs
- Ability to design responsive web pages using CSS/SASS
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, in English
- Detail-oriented person, growth mindset and fast learner
- Willingness to relocate to Porto, Portugal
Nice to haves:
- Worked in a startup with agile development methodologies/SCRUM
- Experience using kubernetes for deployment and scaling of web apps
- Exposure to Elasticsearch implementations
- You have international work experience or you have lived abroad
What we offer
- Opportunity to change the world (we mean it!) and work with the major Foundations, Impact Investors and Corporations around the world.
- Flexible working hours and adequate salary to your experience
- Laptop and software for your needs
- Feedback sessions in your first 30, 60, and 90 days for you to be on track
- Young ambitious team and relaxed working environment in a startup ecosystem just 2 minutes walking distance from the beach and from the Matosinhos Sul Metro station
- The world's best fish: we offer 1 Team lunch per month!
How to apply
Send the following information to [email protected]:
- 1-2 paragraphs on why you want to work at WeChangers
- Complete Linkedin link or CV pdf.
- Portfolio and / or public repositories of your code (e.g. GitHub)
- Email, phone contacts.