Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia's ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
- Be part of the agile and multidisciplinary Site Reliability Engineering team consisting of Sysadmins and DevOps, using state-of-art tech technologies to build and monitor systems, applications, and services;
- Work with our development teams to build Continuous Integrations & Delivery pipeline improving the fill delivery pipeline to get faster time to market, lower failure rate of new releases and shorten the lead time between fixes;
- Develop tools to automate: product build and delivery, maintenance & operations tasks, quality standards testing;
- Support and influence our product development teams to use the Continuous Delivery infrastructure and DevOps Methodology;
- Work with Product Development and Infrastructure Systems to design and implement solutions and resolve issues;
- Help build reliable, high-performance, auto-scaled, and fault-tolerant software throw standards as well as testing, load, and stress testing.
- Must have experience/knowledge in Linux environments;
- Experience/knowledge with configuration management tools;
- Monitor tools;
- Shell and Python scripting;
- Skilled with tools such as Jenkins;
- Experience/Knowledge with CI/CD;
- Experience with or interest in virtual/containers environments (e.g. Docker);
- Knowledge of DevOps Methodology;
- Fluent in English.
- Eager to work in a team environment and share knowledge;
- Likes problem analysis and solving;
- Enthusiast and an interested in technologies and innovation;
- Solution-oriented and proactive attitude, in parallel with the “Get Things Done” mindset.
Bonuses (the following skills are not required but will make your profile stand out):
- Kafka, RabbitMQ, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Prometheus/AlertManager, Grafana, Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana, Vault, Consul, Couchbase/Redis, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DNS;
- Networking skills regarding routing and overall troubleshooting using TCPdump analysis;
- Experience provisioning servers and services using AWS, Azure or GCP;
- Familiar with SCRUM methodology;
- We don’t expect you to be expert in all of these, but would like to hear from you on any you might find relevant from your experience;
- Academic & trades qualifications
- Academic background in IT or equivalent;
- Seniority level accordingly to candidates’ prior experience; (preferably 2 or more years).
- Space to use and experiment new technologies on a robust tech environment;
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.
Apply at <endereço ocultado>