We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our software engineering team in Figueira da Foz, Portugal.
You will be involved in all phases of the project lifecycle, from conception to final delivery to the clients. You will help define the technology stack, oversee the overall design, supervise and coordinate the development team, participate in hands-on development, conduct formal code reviews, and drive overall software quality practices. As a senior engineer, you are also expected to help training and to mentor more junior engineers.
Initially, you will join our cybersecurity team in an ongoing European Union’s H2020 R&D project. Later assignments will be adjusted to your preferences.
• Take the initiative and be responsible for providing technical leadership during the design, development, testing, and deployment of software systems
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
• Support the software quality assurance processes
• Ensure ongoing product adherence to technology standards, business objectives, and requirements
• Support the rollout and implementation of software to clients, assure completeness of technical documentation and provide end-user support as needed
• Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• 6+ years of software development experience
• Experience in Java
• Experience in developing for Linux
• Experience with software quality assurance is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including report writing, presentation skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical team members and other stakeholders
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse VisionSpace Technologies. Our company is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Seniority Level: Senior level
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Remote (with preference to Coimbra/Figueira da Foz region)
Industry: Space and Defence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity
Job Functions: Information Technology
Starting date: Feb/Mar 2021
Submit your application at <endereço ocultado>