APPLY HERE: <endereço ocultado>
- DevOps Engineer
- Competitive salary
Location: Porto, Portugal (or Remote)
Deeper Insights are a full-stack AI consultancy with a focus on business intelligence and analytics.
Our data experts and our cutting edge Skim Engine platform enable clients to utilise data from unstructured and external sources. It’s our mission to empower business leaders to do more with data and we design and build custom AI solutions that enable that. Such as automated back-office processes, augmented analytics, predictive analytics, and alternative dataset creation.
We work with a range of clients from Healthcare to Financial Services both scale-up and enterprise. We also offer our time on pro-bono projects that support the 3rd sector. We're an award-winning practice, recognised for both our consulting services and the work we've done in the 3rd sector.
We are a distributed team across UK and Portugal and practice a Remote First way of working, supported by strong agile and X-teams methodologies.
We're looking for someone to join the company who has a unique set of skills and experience as noted in the Requirements section below. But most importantly we hire conscientious computer and data scientists, who like to push the boundaries of whats possible. Working with other academics, business leaders and entrepreneurs to harness the power of Artificial Intelligence to improve the way we work and live.
We're planning a lot of continued growth in 2021 as well as a major product release, and so this will be a very exciting time to join our growing company.
As a DevOps Engineer with strong operations knowledge and skills, you will be part of the Operations chapter and you will be included in a team of Software Engineers and Data Scientists, so an interest in Machine Learning and similar technologies is a plus. Your mission is to support and enable Tech Team development and solutions delivery. You will achieve this by contributing to the development, maintenance, monitoring, scalability, and reliability of the different solutions.
We expect from you a level of autonomy and initiative, where a learning spirit is welcome to our experimental culture (aka way of work).
An Operations Engineer with software development knowledge, or a Software Engineer with strong operations knowledge and skills, with great collaboration and communication capabilities.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Mid-level, with 3 to 5 years of professional experience in Operations / Software development ;
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, similar or equivalent practical experience;
- Good experience in managing a deployment pipeline: GitHub, CircleCI, ArgoCD;
- Good experience using Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience with cloud providers: GCP or AWS;
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC);
- Good knowledge in using the languages: Python, Bash;
- Good knowledge of monitoring: Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana;
- Experience with database engines: MongoDB, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL;
- Good experience in write documentation;
- Experience with Scrum or Kanban;
- Autonomous and eager to learn.
- Systems architecture knowledge;
- Testing knowledge and skills;
- Some sort of experience in Data Science and Machine Learning;
- Remote team, with flexible office hours (don’t have to be Porto based, but access to Porto for 1 day per week necessary)
- Competitive salary
- Private Health Insurance (plus Pension)
- 25 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Personal Development allowance
- Opportunity to influence direction, and help grow a business
- Work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- A great work/life balance