Buildium is looking for smart, driven, enthusiastic software engineers to join our team in Porto, Portugal. Our core product is an all-in-one property management platform designed for real estate professionals to take control of their business by streamlining their accounting, maintenance, communication, and leasing processes in the cloud.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be part of a cross-functional product team delivering new features to our client base of over 18,000 property managers and housing associations. This is a great chance to be part of a growing organization that is dedicated to engineering best practices and processes as well as continually providing opportunities for professional growth.
- Work in two-week sprints building new features and enhancing existing features of the Buildium platform using technologies like C#, ASP.NET Web API, Angular, and MySql.
- Full stack design and development with a focus on maintainability, usability, scalability and performance.
- Be a positive influence on the team through technical reviews, collaborating with other developers on the team, and ensuring adherence to coding and testing standards.
- Work closely with product managers to understand the future business direction with the goal of architecting the platform optimally.
- Work closely with technical leads and other stakeholders to develop project plans and participate in resource planning.
- Contribute ideas and work on solutions to evolve our CI/CD processes and tools.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to web technologies, .NET, microservices, cloud computing (AWS), and automated unit testing.
- Participate in our engineering guilds, focus groups, and tech talks to contribute to the research and implementation of new technologies, tools, and architectural patterns.
- Fluency in English with strong written and oral communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in developing customer facing software
- Self-motivated and willing to work through problems without obvious answers
- Hands-on experience working with creating and consuming REST web services and APIs
- Experience working with writing SQL queries and designing databases (MySql is a plus)
- Understanding of source code management tools such as Git, and the workflows associated with them (branching and merging)
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience with AWS/Docker or similar cloud platforms also a plus
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Team lunches, fresh fruit, coffee and drinks
- Professional development opportunities
- Diverse distributed team in the US and India
- Remote friendly environment
Working at Buildium is unlike any other gig you've ever had. With offices in the US, Portugal and India, you will be interacting daily with colleagues distributed all around the world. We’re casual, open, innovative and collaborative. As a company that empowers their employees to do the right thing, you will find that Buildium’s drive to be the best is contagious.
Please apply directly using our jobs website: <endereço ocultado> .
Note: Buildium does not have an official office in Portugal and any job offers will be made by Upperhand Software, Unipessoal Lda. Upperhand Software, Unipessoal Lda is not a RealPage company.
Porto - Full-time