Bond Touch is a high growth mission-driven start-up that pioneered emotional wearables. We are closing the gap between long-distance relationships by allowing each person to stay connected at all times through touch. We’ve been featured in hundreds of top publications like The New Yorker, BuzzFeed, and CNN and our products are available online and in retail all over the world, serving a growing community of over 600k users.
Bond Touch is part of the Impossible family, an international innovation group with top-tier clients and offices in Lisbon, London and San Francisco. Impossible’s vision is a future with healthier individuals, communities and planet.
We operate as a purpose-driven enterprise, reinvesting back into human development as well as launching and supporting startups. Impossible has also been awarded B Corporation status, which demonstrates our dedication to running a socially and environmentally sustainable business.
What we are looking for…
We are currently looking for an Android Software Developer who possesses a passion for pushing technologies to the limits to join our growing team. This is a full-time position.
Your day to day might look like this
- Contribute to product development, software architecture and product planning;
- Participate in the ideation and design process;
- Build prototypes and MVPs for validation;
- Help to align technical constraints with product decisions;
- Monitor and optimize performance of production apps.
Your must haves
- 3+ years of professional experience with Android app development;
- Strong knowledge of Java/Kotlin;
- Familiar with Android architectural patterns;
- Experience with REST APIs;
- Good English skills;
- Experience in agile development following software development good practices (including tests, peer reviews, etc);
- Ability to work independently with a positive problem-solving attitude and good organizational skills.
Set yourself apart
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to propose new ideas and solutions;
- Valid work permit or citizenship to work in Portugal;
- Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy, iOS and backend technologies is a plus.
What we offer
- Great working environment in the heart of Lisbon (Chiado);
- Flexible working hours;
- Remote working during Covid times, meet at the office when you need to;
- Experienced international team with lots of knowledge to share;
- Snacks & coffee, health insurance and gym subscription.
Impossible is a people-centric company. We are looking for an individual who is interested in building strong relationships with the teams to build on our strong cultural environment.
We are a close family. We want to solve meaningful problems and create positive impact in the world. We have simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact.
If this sounds good to you, fill out the form to apply.