Who we are:
Global Shares is a leading provider of public and private global stock plan services. Our employee share ownership plan technology is award-winning, and our range of products and services make equity plan administration simple, secure, and globally compliant.
What we value:
People -We care about our people. We treat our people with respect. We embrace diversity and inclusion. We build open and honest relationships, collaborating across boundaries to meet our clients’ needs.
Bravery -We dare to do things diﬀerently. We provide best service and technology through innovation, creativity and high performance. We challenge the norm, we challenge ourselves and we challenge complexity with simplicity.
Global -We are one global network. We are champions of employee ownership. We work together, incorporating clients and partners as an extension of our team. We foster a global and diverse community, where our people are united through ambition, commitment and shared goals. We are in this journey together.
Integrity-We are committed to professional integrity We conduct our business to the highest standards with skill, diligence and responsibility. Professional trust, honesty and compliance are at the core of our culture
Service-We are client focused. We strive to provide our best service, to drive great client experience through teamwork and high performance.
Why we need you:
We are looking for world class Software Architects who are extremely passionate about building top-tier software solutions. This is a hands-on position where you will get to experiment with emerging technologies and build proof of concepts to aid in Architecture and Delivery decision making.
We specialize in the delivery of high quality web-based, API and mobile applications for participants and administrators for equity-based incentive and share plans. We are headquartered in Ireland and we also have a high-calibre software development team located in Portugal. We are looking for a Software Architect interested in working on a market leading large scale cloud platform and helping us to advance our technology road map in one of our software development offices.
This is a very exciting and rewarding opportunity to work with like-minded Architects on designing new solutions for an expanding global platform. You will help define technical direction and strategy, while guiding engineering teams to build innovative, scalable and robust solutions on a range of customer facing platforms.
What you will do:
- Monitor technology evolution and make technology roadmap recommendations.
- Help define and deliver a world class technology roadmap.
- Review and challenge existing architecture/libraries/tooling/etc. with view of making long term improvements.
- Provide inception to aid product and development decisions.
- Build proof of concepts (PoC) solutions to aid decision making.
- Collaborates with product team to produce high level design and time estimates.
- Collaborates with delivery team to ensure designs are fully understood and implemented appropriately.
- Assist Delivery team and review deliverables
- Assist Pre-sales, provide integration support with Partners, and liaise with customers technical teams.
What should you have:
- Extremely passionate about building best in class software solutions.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Software Architect designing enterprise applications.
- Strong development skills building systems using proven design patterns.
- Strong OO modelling, design and implementation skills.
- Experience integrating with RESTful services.
- Estimation and risk escalation knowledge and experience.
- Expert knowledge in statically typed, object orientation programming languages, such as C# and/or Java.
- Excellent working knowledge of relational database systems like SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience of cloud platforms like Azure or AWS.
- Excellent Communication including written and oral English
- Practical experience in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently diagnose issues.
- Constantly looking for ways to improve quality and maintainability.
- Knowledge of how best to achieve performance optimizations.
- Working in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of technical architecture is a plus (design the layout of IT systems, data communication and system integration)
- Track record in implementing software solutions using defensive programming techniques.
- Provide technical leadership and innovation.
- Strong understanding of microservices.
Nice to have:
- Proficient in C# and modern .Net frameworks like .Net Core, Entity Framework.
- Experience implementing API-First software platforms.
- Cloud Native knowledge or experience (container-based solutions, microservices, elastic infrastructure, continuous delivery)
- Experience incorporating the Twelve-Factor App methodology (or equivalent)
What we offer:
- Opportunity to be part of something special, Global Shares is growing fast, and we want you to be part of our journey
- Competitive salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working
- Active Social Club with events throughout the year
- Casual dress code
- Opportunity to travel and work in our global offices if desired
What our Interview Process is like:
Step 1- After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call
Step 2- If your background is a match for the role, you may be required to complete a technical assessment (role depended) and/or phone interview with 1-2 people
Step 3- If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Global Shares. Global Shares is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to see more? Have a look at what life is like in Global Shares in our video linked on our career’s page: <endereço ocultado>
To apply: <endereço ocultado>