New Work SE - for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Olá Porto! We opened a new tech office in beautiful Porto two years ago and we are looking for great people to join our team!
We currently have an opening for a Senior Frontend Engineer – Web Infrastructure (f/m/x) in Porto.
Every single day, our ten prestigious brands, products and services help shape the future of work by focussing on people – For a better working life.Within the New Work SE and its subsidiaries, you will be part of an organisation with almost 500 amazing developers and a healthy learning culture that involves pair programming, different communities of practice, joint Hack week projects and more. While most of our products focus on the German speaking market, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe. Our working culture is international, our working language English and you will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally.
We are the Web Infrastructure Team. As a central platform team, we develop and maintain a React based web framework called Hops. We care for the tooling to build, deploy and test modern web applications so our product teams can focus on what is important. Are you motivated by building solutions that ease the lives of our fellow developers? Do you want to take responsibility and provide long-term value to a professional engineering organisation?
A challenging task
You will work from our new tech office that we built just two years ago in the beautiful city of Porto and collaborate with your colleagues from Hamburg. You will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally. Within the New Work SE and its subsidiaries, you will be part of an organisation with almost 300 amazing developers and a healthy learning culture that involves pair programming, different communities of practice, joint Hack week projects and more. While most of our products focus on the German speaking market, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe. Our working culture is international, our working language English.
You will build and improve the platform on which our teams can base their products on.
You will help us to provide a world class developer experience.
You will support the engineering organisation to move forward quickly.
You will constantly evolve our technology stack that includes frameworks and languages such as TypeScript, React, Node.js, Express, Webpack, Babel, GraphQL, and more.
Being part our our team, you will help us to shape and iterate on our own processes.
A convincing background
You own a passion for developer tooling and experience.
You are self-driven and have a sense of ownership.
You care for the quality and value of your work.
You are comfortably working with agile methods and value fast feedback loops.
You know how web browsers work, in detail.
You can comprehensively communicate and are fluent in English.
You like to laugh. Daily. Multiple times.
Knowledge of GraphQL, Docker, Jenkins and Kubernetes
Knowledge of browser automation approaches, i.e. for testing purposes
Experience in maintaining a library and the related release management processes
An inspiring environment
- The New Work SE offers a dynamic environment, as well as flexible working hours. The New Work SE is heading to more flexibility of working remotely. Our New Mobile Office 50% policy combines both – more flexibility in working outside our Offices & face-to-face collaboration.
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 18 million users
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas
- Annual conference allowances, regular trainings, meetups and brown bag lunches throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to speak at conferences - we'll support you where we can, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones, also with continuous personal feedback
- Regular events: Social days, company meetings, summer & Christmas party, offsite events and lots of fun.
- Health Insurance for you and your kids – you can still add your partner at a small cost that will be deducted from your monthly salary.
- An Employee Assistance (confidential) Program to assist you with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact your job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
- 25 days of vacation per year + 2 days off (Christmas eve and New Year’s eve)
- Sabbatical - unpaid period of time in which you don’t work and is thus used for recreation.
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world, who have various technology backgrounds,
- Free breakfast, organic fruit, drinks, snacks, newbies special lunches and much more
- English, German and Portuguese lessons
- If you’re feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, running club and various other protocols
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!)
- A referral bonus for recommending talent to our company
- Want to bring your pet to the office? No problem at NEW WORK
- Competitive salary
We contribute into open source <endereço ocultado> and let the world know what we are doing (<endereço ocultado>) and organize public user groups and coding events. Check out our XING engineering blog at <endereço ocultado>.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply apply below.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!