It is exciting times for our team here at November First! We're challenging the payments financial sector and we are about to take the big leap into high scalability and international expansion. We're looking for a backend cloud engineer to join us in our system modernization journey that aims to transform it into a fully scalable cloud native solution. Are you ready for your next adventure?
November First is a fully funded FinTech startup based in Copenhagen, authorized by the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority (Finanstilsynet). We aim to disrupt the market for International Payments and have successfully launched our platform in Denmark on November 1st, 2016.
Our team is currently divided into three countries, Portugal being one of them.
About the Job
You will work with a multi-country team from Denmark, Portugal and India, helping to transform our payments platform into a cloud native solution, and contributing to the engineering practices that enable us to deliver high-quality software in a consistent and predictable manner.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days of paid vacation per year.
- Work-life balanced environment.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Being a Backend engineer working with C#, using CI/CD practices and IaC to deploy components to Azure.
- Being a clean code and clean architecture advocate.
- Being a driver of new tech/software and of best patterns and practices.
- Writing automated unit, service and E2E tests.
- Estimating and contributing to user stories.
- Participating in retrospectives and continuous improvement.
The main components of our technology stack are:
- Angular 8
- .NET Web API 2
- .NET Core 3.1
- Microsoft SQL Server
We built the core of our platform according to Domain Driven Design principles using a Hexagonal/Ports and Adaptors architecture, CQRS and Event Sourcing. Right now our solution is monolithic in nature, but is already being split into microservices that will be deployed to Azure Kubernetes Services clusters, therefore having experience with Azure cloud services is a big plus.
We imagine that several of the following statements apply to you:
- You have worked in web application development for at least 5+ years.
- You have some experience working with microservices, continuous integration and deployment tools.
- You have worked with Azure or AWS and have some knowledge about their services.
- You have a good understanding of computer science and software engineering practices and patterns.
- You are a strong advocate of clean code and push your colleagues into that direction.
- You are comfortable writing backend code in C# and have a good knowledge of .net framework and .net core.
- You understand the importance of automated testing and have experience with relevant frameworks such as Selenium, Protractor, Mountebank, Jasmine, Moq and XUnit.
- You are a people person, easy-going and enjoy working in a team of talented peers.
While we don't expect you to tick all of the above boxes, we do need to understand how you match the profile and why you would make a great addition to our development team.
To apply to this opportunity please send us your CV to <endereço ocultado>. We're waiting for you ;)