New Work SE - for a better working life
Every single day, our ten prestigious brands, products and services help shape the future of work by focussing on people.
While most of our products focus on the German speaking market, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe. Our working culture is international, our working language English and you will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally.
To us, New Work is more than just a buzzword, which is why you’ll work on products that make a huge difference for millions of members. Join the team and help shape the network for a better working life.
Backend Engineer (f/m/x)
We are currently looking for a Backend Engineer for the below business units:
XING Marketing Solutions is the business unit responsible for creating advertising solutions on XING.com and our mobile platforms.
New Work is the business unit responsible for our products and services to making working life more fulfilling for individuals, while companies enjoy greater success.
Check the requirements below!!
Remote Friendly - This business units offer you the chance to work remotely from anywhere within Portugal.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- A lot of Ruby, and increasingly a wide variety of programming languages: Java, Scala, Elixir, PHP and, most recently, Kotlin. We'll match you with the right technology team depending on your background and preferences;
- Prometheus and Grafana for metrics and alerting;
- CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, deployed to Kubernetes clusters hosted in our data centres in Amsterdam;
- Kafka and RabbitMQ as message queues, the former is now increasingly used for event-driven systems;
- Different databases for different needs: MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB, Elastic Search;
- GraphQL (implemented in Scala & Sangria) for our mobile and web APIs.
WHO YOU ARE
- You care about the craft of software development and strive to build testable, predictable and simple code;
- You want to tackle the engineering challenges that come with building systems at scale (highly available, low latency and high throughput);
- You are curious and interested in learning new languages and frameworks;
- You have a good sense of humour and keep calm in difficult situations;
- You value transparency, honesty, humility and helping your teammates grow.
WHAT TO EXPECT!
- The New Work Portugal offers a dynamic environment with flexible working hours and hybrid working system;
- A multicultural environment with employees from over 58 nationalities;
- Annual training allowance - trainings, meetups, conferences, etc;
- Regular events - weekly company meetings, company lunch, team events, seasonal events (eg. Summer & Christmas party);
- Hack weeks every few months;
- New Work Care - a confidential employee assistance program to assist you with personal and/or work-related matters;
- Health Insurance for you and your kids – you can add your partner at a small cost;
- 25 days of annual leave per year + 3 days off (Carnival, Christmas eve and New Year’s eve);
- Language lessons - English, German and Portuguese;
- Employee referral programme - for recommending talent to our company;
- Gym deals;
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!);
- Pet friendly office.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make New Work big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you.
Simply apply below.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!