An experienced Senior Python/SQL developer required to code the back end development and data pipelines for a cyber security platform. You will be the key team member and will work with a small remote team of developers and architects to undertake rapid code development, improvement and support.
- Fully remote working, any location considered however the ideal candidate should be able to partially collaborate during core USA business hours.
- Rate: competitive (contract role, daily rate)
- Start date: immediate
- Project length: 12 months+ contract with likely extension (estimated project length is 2-3 years)
- Coding the back end data pipelines for the platform
- Advising the architecture team on implementation best practices
- Oversight and code reviews of the output from other members of the team
- Troubleshooting and problem solving broken code and system errors
- Working with front end developers
Skills and Experience Required:
- Significant Python 3.x experience/expert level (writing Object Oriented Python code)
- Thinking outside the box, creative and proactive approach to challenges
- Python web frameworks
- PostgreSQL significant experience
- Awareness of AWS and/or other cloud technologies
- Experience in building microservices using the Python tooling ecosystem
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, an ability to think outside of the box, demonstrable through project experience
- Nice-to-have skills
- Go (Golang) development experience (will be a plus, as the platform was initially built on Go, now being moved to Python)
- Comfortable with working in a Linux environment
- Awareness of the DevOps process - managing CI/CD pipelines, containerisation and automation (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- The ability to communicate exceptionally via videoconferencing is essential, to deliver meetings, presentations and reviews.
Profile of an ideal candidate:
- Have an open and creative outlook on working practices, to generate new ideas to the team
- Be a self-starter and thrive on working independently
- Used to working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Get a kick from significantly contributing as part of a team
- Have fluent English language skills
- Be inspired by working with a culturally diverse team, located internationally
Please your CV to <endereço ocultado>
Rapid interview and decision-making process.