Who are we?
Oska Health is a new startup based between the UK and Germany that’s trying to make life better for people suffering from chronic kidney disease.
We’re building one of the first algorithm-based behaviour change programmes that brings together technology and health coaches in an app that can be prescribed by doctors. Our system aims to delay and in some cases remove the need for dialysis, hugely improving patient quality of life.
Our senior product and tech people are ex-ustwo and ex-Bulb Energy and we have medical and health tech experts with decades of industry experience.
We’re welcoming, fun, open-minded, transparent and looking for like-minded people to join us.
Read more about us at oska-health.com.
Who are we looking for?
- A senior mission-driven backend TypeScript developer with solid AWS experience who's happy to own our infrastructure
- You love collaborating within multidisciplinary agile teams and value pairing with other devs
- You want to do things properly but you’re pragmatic - you know how to start simple then scale, keeping tech debt under control
- You’d love the opportunity to work with other experienced devs to build an entire stack from scratch
- You’re thoughtful, generous with your time and knowledge, enjoy mentoring and want the chance to grow professionally
- You value clear, concise communication. And while it absolutely doesn’t need to be your first language, you’re able to speak and write English to an advanced level.
- Solid AWS experience with IaC
- Experience deploying, scaling and monitoring containerised services and lambdas
- Kubernetes is a bonus since it may make sense when we scale, but at the moment we’re keeping things simple
- You’re happy setting up and maintaining multiple environments.
- Experience setting up CI pipelines
- Experience building monoliths and microservices in Node with TypeScript
- You advocate for and know when to employ unit, integration, contract and end to end tests
- You understand when to use relational, NoSQL and KV persistence
- You’ve created resilient, event-driven architectures
- Experience of building and/or integrating with auth systems
What will you be working on?
- Greenfield infra and backend. We have a proof-of-concept prototype and some experimental spikes but we’re looking for a senior dev to help us define and build our stack from scratch
- Creating healthcare-compliant secure, fast, resilient, high-availability backends
- Using one of the latest web meta frameworks (still TBD)
- Creating a backoffice for health coaches and patient account administration
- Integrating with medical devices
- Building great DX: end-to-end type safety, continuous deployment, automated unit, integration and end-to-end testing across web and mobile
- Upskilling other devs on infrastructure best practices
- React and React Native if you want to branch out of backend
- Documentation to ensure we’re compliant with medical device regulations
- Hiring a great team and building a diverse, open and welcoming culture
What does the package look like?
- 70-90k EUR annually, depending on experience
- Up to £5k training budget
- Employed by a German company with a portugese Payroll Office (includes lunch vouchers )
Email us at <endereço ocultado> with your CV, name and the role you’re applying for