Basecone, a Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting Europe company, is a vibrant and dynamic place to work. We push boundaries and challenge each other every day. We collaborate across disciplines, trying to achieve that common goal: to develop, launch and maintain state-of-the-art Solutions. Solutions that effectively address real business problems and provide the best customer experience out there. Solutions that you and your team can be proud of at the end of the day.
At Basecone we believe our people are the heart and soul of our company. We value everyone’s input and believe in a commonly agreed commitment. We offer a no-nonsense environment, in which professionalism, fun and open communication are key elements.
About the role:
Basecone is looking for a passionate Senior Backend Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate has several years of experience with .NET and an ambition to raise the bar for developing cutting-edge technologies and solutions that give Basecone and its customers a world-class product.
- Hands-on software development in .NET (C#).
- Well-rounded background in .NET development including work using the .NET MVC Framework, WebApi and .NET Core.
- Self-managed and motivated.
- Ability/Motivation to work in an Agile Scrum team, and to push the team towards the sprint goal.
- Ability to coordinate effectively with other team members on User Stories’s shared responsibilities.
- Strong opinion and continuous evaluation of new technologies and software products
- You know the difference between a tightly coupled and loosely coupled systems.
- Microservices & others.
- Experience with public cloud providers, such as Azure & AWS.
- 5+ years hands-on programming experience with server-side web technologies, object oriented or scripting languages as Java, C#, .NET, ASP, and related languages SQL, XML, JSON, XAML, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem–solving ability.
- Creatively handle challenges and obstacles, innovating solutions balancing both immediate needs with longer-term ownership and maintenance of application being developed.
- Working knowledge and experience with software development best practices and standards.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
What we offer:
- Very competitive salary. We want to build a great team, and we want to get those who are the best at what they do.
- Work with a perfect knowledge balanced team, across The Netherlands and Portugal.
- Experience working for an international company, with a strong focus on the actual IT working methodologies and mentality.
- A working environment where your team and manager understands that it’s important to spend time thinking on a solution, rather than rushing into the first one that comes to mind; an environment where refactoring and rebuilding are seen as sometimes necessary; an environment where the team is the one truly responsible for coming up with a solution, rather than implement one that was imposed.
How to apply:
If we got your curiosity, we now hope to ignite your attention and enthusiasm! We would love to hear from you, please apply here.
Note: due to Covid19, our recruitment process is being carried out remotely.
Porto - Full-time