Senior Android Mobile Engineer
Who we are:
Global Shares is a leading provider of public and private global stock plan services. Our employee share ownership plan technology is award-winning, and our range of products and services make equity plan administration simple, secure, and globally compliant.
What we value:
People -We care about our people. We treat our people with respect. We embrace diversity and inclusion. We build open and honest relationships, collaborating across boundaries to meet our clients’ needs.
Bravery -We dare to do things diﬀerently. We provide best service and technology through innovation, creativity and high performance. We challenge the norm, we challenge ourselves and we challenge complexity with simplicity.
Global -We are one global network. We are champions of employee ownership. We work together, incorporating clients and partners as an extension of our team. We foster a global and diverse community, where our people are united through ambition, commitment and shared goals. We are in this journey together.
Integrity-We are committed to professional integrity We conduct our business to the highest standards with skill, diligence and responsibility. Professional trust, honesty and compliance are at the core of our culture
Service-We are client focused. We strive to provide our best service, to drive great client experience through teamwork and high performance.
Why we need you:
We specialize in the delivery of high quality web-based and mobile applications for participants and administrators for equity-based incentive and share plans. We are headquartered in Ireland and we also have a world class software development team located in Lisbon. We are looking for iOS and Android Software Engineers interested in working with the latest technology in one of our software development offices.
This is a varied role in a fast paced, Agile/Scrum environment. You will be required to work on your own initiative and produce robust, high quality code under the guidance of the other developers within the team.
What you will do:
Ensure all QA procedures are satisfied in terms of process and documentation
Develop new features within the application to a high standard of documentation, reliability. and scalability.
Fix bugs assigned to you as part of the Scrum process.
Improving processes and keeping up to date with Android/IOS technology
What should you have:
- Android SDK
- Android JetPack
- Room (SQLite)
- Addroid UI/UX design principles, patterns and best practices
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience building Android or iOS Mobile Apps.
- Own a deep understanding of mobile device frameworks and web technologies.
- Be able to build mobile applications to connect to middleware and applications through web services.
- Have excellent knowledge about performance optimization of mobile applications.
- Strong understanding of design patterns and Object Oriented Programming
- Understanding of build processes and CI tooling (e.g. Jenkins, Fastlane)
- Experience writing unit tests
- Knowledge of other programming languages will be beneficial
- Awareness of accessibility standards and the importance of accessibility in products.
- Track record in providing combined technical/design skills within a multi-skilled product development team.
- Interest in and willingness to present well-formed arguments in support/rejection of new techniques, tools and technologies in response to industry developments.
- Experience with user testing and design workshops
- Experience working with design guidance and constraints
- Published examples of mobile applications on the App store or the Android market.
- Excellent knowledge in information architecture, human-computer interaction and usability design principles
- A track record of delivering successful consumer and or business products
- A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills
- Excellent testing/QA skills
What other skills are desirable:
- Jira & Atlassian Product
- Bitbucket / Github
- Knowledge of Espresso will be a plus
- Google Material Design.
- Experience with automated testing tools and techniques.
- Experience sourcing and managing related UI assets (including icons, images, fonts, etc).
- Experience with user testing, workshops, and other ‘UX design’ related skills.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to be part of something special, Global Shares is growing fast, and we want you to be part of our journey
- Competitive salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working
- Casual dress code
- Opportunity to travel and work in our global offices if desired
What our Interview Process is like:
Step 1- After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call
Step 2- If your background is a match for the role, you may be required to complete a technical assessment (role depended) and/or phone interview with 1-2 people
Step 3- If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview
To apply: <endereço ocultado>
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Global Shares. Global Shares is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to see more? Have a look at what life is like in Global Shares in our video linked on our career’s page: <endereço ocultado>